Fashions change and technology evolves, but some things are simply time(LESS). Take Polaroid film—though it was discontinued in 2008 to the dismay of
hipsters photography buffs everywhere, other companies quickly stepped in fill the hole in the market, and business is once again booming. Similarly, nostalgia for the blunted, headphone-ready bangers of eras past has inspired artists like Chi-Town’s Martin $ky to put their own twist on classic hip-hop formulae. On his latest mixtape single, the 18-year-old emcee picks up where he left with February’s Madlib-inspired It Don’t Stop, lacing a headnodic Knxwledge instrumental with nonchalant, free-associative lyrical flames. $ky’s next street album currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.