Fashions change and technology evolves, but some things are simply time(LESS). Take Polaroid film—though it was discontinued in 2008 to the dismay of
hipsters photography buffs everywhere, other companies quickly stepped in fill the hole in the market, and business is once again booming. Similarly, nostalgia for the blunted, headphone-ready bangers of eras past has inspired artists like Chi-Town’s Martin $ky to put their own twist on classic hip-hop formulae. On his latest mixtape single, the 18-year-old emcee picks up where he left with February’s Madlib-inspired It Don’t Stop, lacing a headnodic Knxwledge instrumental with nonchalant, free-associative lyrical flames. $ky’s next street album currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.