Fashions change and technology evolves, but some things are simply time(LESS). Take Polaroid film—though it was discontinued in 2008 to the dismay of
hipsters photography buffs everywhere, other companies quickly stepped in fill the hole in the market, and business is once again booming. Similarly, nostalgia for the blunted, headphone-ready bangers of eras past has inspired artists like Chi-Town’s Martin $ky to put their own twist on classic hip-hop formulae. On his latest mixtape single, the 18-year-old emcee picks up where he left with February’s Madlib-inspired It Don’t Stop, lacing a headnodic Knxwledge instrumental with nonchalant, free-associative lyrical flames. $ky’s next street album currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.