Fashions change and technology evolves, but some things are simply time(LESS). Take Polaroid film—though it was discontinued in 2008 to the dismay of
hipsters photography buffs everywhere, other companies quickly stepped in fill the hole in the market, and business is once again booming. Similarly, nostalgia for the blunted, headphone-ready bangers of eras past has inspired artists like Chi-Town’s Martin $ky to put their own twist on classic hip-hop formulae. On his latest mixtape single, the 18-year-old emcee picks up where he left with February’s Madlib-inspired It Don’t Stop, lacing a headnodic Knxwledge instrumental with nonchalant, free-associative lyrical flames. $ky’s next street album currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.