This isn’t just a debut Booth feature—it’s your formal Invitation into the world of 18-year-old emcee/producer Martin $ky. A very blunted world, where rappers can fly and balaclavas are windows into distant galaxies. These trippy images, as depicted in VisualMecca‘s official visuals, could hardly be a more appropriate accompaniment to $ky’s latest single, which finds the Windy City native showcasing a languid, scatterbrained rhyme style over his own hazy sample work. After giving this record a spin, do you feel like spending a little more time with Martin $ky? You’ll get your chance come April 12, when the artist unleashes new studio album time(LESS).
Written by richard on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.