There are many an adjective in the hip-hop lexicon used to describe a great song: hot, fire, blazing and cold are just a few. The descriptor that fits Martin $ky’s latest effort, however, is the rarely-used STEAM; it just so happens that is also the title of the cut (who knew?). In many ways $ky’ flow is certainly a lot like STEAM; it is hot, yet it’s also airy like the vapors pouring out of a tea kettle. And while his approach is impressive, what really makes this song knock is the artist’s own boardwork. Martin cooks up a lurching, dripping production that should remind listeners of something you might hear in Zelda (or many an old Nintendo game) while exploring an ominous cave. As of right now, STEAM is not a part of anything larger, but feel free to check out the Chicago native’s last Booth spot, July’s PEARL GAWD.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)