There are many an adjective in the hip-hop lexicon used to describe a great song: hot, fire, blazing and cold are just a few. The descriptor that fits Martin $ky’s latest effort, however, is the rarely-used STEAM; it just so happens that is also the title of the cut (who knew?). In many ways $ky’ flow is certainly a lot like STEAM; it is hot, yet it’s also airy like the vapors pouring out of a tea kettle. And while his approach is impressive, what really makes this song knock is the artist’s own boardwork. Martin cooks up a lurching, dripping production that should remind listeners of something you might hear in Zelda (or many an old Nintendo game) while exploring an ominous cave. As of right now, STEAM is not a part of anything larger, but feel free to check out the Chicago native’s last Booth spot, July’s PEARL GAWD.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.