Last week, Windy City up-and-comer Martin $ky introduced himself to the Booth with Invitation, a cut whose blunted, yet lyrical vibe left our readership intrigued. (The bizarre official visuals didn’t hurt, either.) Not about to leave his newfound fans hanging, the artist has returned to our pages with follow-up single It Don’t Stop, a DJBooth-exclusive world premiere. A soulful industry instrumental by Flying Lotus and Madlib (two of the artist’s personal favorite beatsmiths) backs the rapper/producer’s deadpan reflections on his nonstop hustle, the sorry state of his competition and the life-enhancing properties of THC (“They’re like, ‘Don’t smoke that, it make your brain cells weak.’ / But it opened up my third eye and kept me in peace.”). Craving more? Then keep your browsers locked for further song releases leading up to the April 12, arrival of Martin $ky’s next mixtape, Time(less).
Written by richard on 02/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.