The lead single off Marsha Ambrosius’ sophomore solo set, featured back in January, found her embroiled in a Cold War with her main squeeze. Seven months later, I’m happy to say the Floetry alumnus has managed to extricate herself from that relationship. Unfortunately, being alone is actually starting to make her miss those passive-aggressive power struggles with her man. On freshly-released follow-up Without You, a melancholy B.A.M. production backs the singer as she soulfully recounts her struggle to reacclimate to the single life. Evidently, her ex is in the same boat; Ne-Yo duets with Marsha throughout the cut, echoing her grief-stricken sentiments from the male perspective. This poignant ballad is just one of many quality cuts to be found on the artist’s Friends & Lovers LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers later this year.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hustlers ft. The Game & Marsha Ambrosius" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.