The lead single off Marsha Ambrosius’ sophomore solo set, featured back in January, found her embroiled in a Cold War with her main squeeze. Seven months later, I’m happy to say the Floetry alumnus has managed to extricate herself from that relationship. Unfortunately, being alone is actually starting to make her miss those passive-aggressive power struggles with her man. On freshly-released follow-up Without You, a melancholy B.A.M. production backs the singer as she soulfully recounts her struggle to reacclimate to the single life. Evidently, her ex is in the same boat; Ne-Yo duets with Marsha throughout the cut, echoing her grief-stricken sentiments from the male perspective. This poignant ballad is just one of many quality cuts to be found on the artist’s Friends & Lovers LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers later this year.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hustlers ft. The Game & Marsha Ambrosius" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.