In addition to selling headphones for billions of dollars and promising us an album that is never going to drop, the legendary Dr. Dre can, you know, actually rap. Though it’s been two years since his last rapping appearance (on a little project called Good Kid m.A.A.d City; maybe you’ve heard of it?), the Doc sounds as fresh as ever on Marsha Ambrosius‘s new single, Stronger. Maybe he was wowed by the soulful, silky-smooth vocals she showcases over the drum-laden beat… or maybe he just wanted to hop on the mic for a change? Either way, listeners will be happy. Expect more where this came from on Marsha’s Friends & Lovers album, due out next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.