Normally, when I see or hear the word “Run,” I, well, run the other way, because there is nothing I hate more than running. However, I am willing to make an exception when it comes to Marsha Ambrosius’ latest single release. I’m always down for some hip-hop, but sometimes I like to slow it down with something just like this. Marsha’s vocals are soft and poignant, but they still have so much life and power. Her delivery is perfect for the Dillon Pace and Ambrosius-produced, piano-driven instrumental, which starts out soft but picks up the pace in the home stretch. Don’t Run to the record store just yet; Marsha’s Friends & Lovers LP doesn’t drop until the summer. In the meantime, though, why not check out her last feature, the Ne-Yo-assisted Without You?
Update: We have added the Declan Whitebloom-directed visuals for Marsha Ambrosius’ Run single.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.