When Buddha went through a bad break-up I’m sure he sincerely wished his ex nothing but the best. The rest of us, however, get busy making voodoo dolls, and Marsha Ambrosius is no different. In fact, she wishes her ex a very specific fate; she Hope She Cheats On You (With A Basketball Player). Ambrosius, who’s best known as half of Floetry and for guest work on classic tracks like The Art of Storytellin (Part 4), is finally ready to release her solo debut album, and if Hope She Cheats is any indication, the wait might actually have been worth it. In addition to (of course) providing some stellar vocals and relatable lyrics - who knew you could use “Kardashian” as a verb? - Ambrosius also co-produced the cut along with Canei, lacing a slowly snapping beat as strong as the woman behind it. If you’re meditating your way through break-up good for you, but the rest of us have a new revenge anthem. We’ll finally hear what Ambrosius is full capable of when her upcoming album Late Nights & Early Mornings drops on October 26.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/2/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.