While Aftermath Records is infamous for delaying its artists’ albums, 2009 might very well be the year that everyone has been waiting for; 50 Cent‘s Before I Self-Destruct is set for a February release, followed by Eminem‘s sixth album, Relapse, and finally hip-hop’s most anticipated album EVER (you should know what we’re talking about by now). Hoping to step in line is longtime Floetry frontwoman Marsha Ambrosius, who will release Yours Truly, a Don Cannon-hosted mixtape chock full of unreleased records, later this month. One of the records, entitled Sunshine, embodies all that we’ve come to expect from Marsha, providing strong vocals, complemented by a relaxed beat from in-house producer Focus, as well as a closing verse from Little Brother‘s Phonte. Since her previous releases have received critical acclaim, expectations should be no different this time around.
Written by Burmy on 12/10/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.