While Aftermath Records is infamous for delaying its artists’ albums, 2009 might very well be the year that everyone has been waiting for; 50 Cent‘s Before I Self-Destruct is set for a February release, followed by Eminem‘s sixth album, Relapse, and finally hip-hop’s most anticipated album EVER (you should know what we’re talking about by now). Hoping to step in line is longtime Floetry frontwoman Marsha Ambrosius, who will release Yours Truly, a Don Cannon-hosted mixtape chock full of unreleased records, later this month. One of the records, entitled Sunshine, embodies all that we’ve come to expect from Marsha, providing strong vocals, complemented by a relaxed beat from in-house producer Focus, as well as a closing verse from Little Brother‘s Phonte. Since her previous releases have received critical acclaim, expectations should be no different this time around.
Written by Burmy on 12/10/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.