Since Floetry’s Marsha Ambrosius first announced her solo deal with Dr. Dre‘s Aftermath Entertainment in ‘05, she has lent her voice to various projects featuring Nas, Rhymefest, OutKast, and Common, but never has released a solo single—until now. On her debut offering, the UK-born/LA-resident songbird has broken up with her ex-boyfriend, but still finds herself in love with him; naturally, that makes her wonder What’s Goin’ On? Frequent collaborator, The Game, begs the question as well, except he just wants her to forget about that ex. Using an Isley Brothers’ sample from Footsteps in the Dark (see Ice Cube’s It Was A Good Day), What’s Goin’ On is an ideal choice for that late-night cruise.
Written by Burmy on 03/18/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.