Since Floetry’s Marsha Ambrosius first announced her solo deal with Dr. Dre‘s Aftermath Entertainment in ‘05, she has lent her voice to various projects featuring Nas, Rhymefest, OutKast, and Common, but never has released a solo single—until now. On her debut offering, the UK-born/LA-resident songbird has broken up with her ex-boyfriend, but still finds herself in love with him; naturally, that makes her wonder What’s Goin’ On? Frequent collaborator, The Game, begs the question as well, except he just wants her to forget about that ex. Using an Isley Brothers’ sample from Footsteps in the Dark (see Ice Cube’s It Was A Good Day), What’s Goin’ On is an ideal choice for that late-night cruise.
Written by Burmy on 03/18/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.