Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In a Cold War such as the standoff between America and the Soviets throughout the latter portion of the 20th Century, the parties in conflict forego direct hostilities in favor of propaganda, posturing, and behind-the-scenes politicking. Since arranging an airstrike on one’s own home or workplace would be a logistical nightmare, this is typically how battles go down within interpersonal relationships. The latest single off Marsha Ambrosius‘s next full-length finds her embroiled in just such a conflict with an intimate partner. Over diplo and the Picard Brothers’ dreamy, atmospheric synth boardwork (a stark contrast to the former’s usual, percussion-driven style), the Floetry alum laments that she and the individual in question are both too stubborn to walk away from the conflict. Like what you’re hearing? Cold War is scheduled to hit iTunes for digital purchase on Tuesday, December 11. Keep it locked for further single off Ambrosius’ Friends & Lovers LP leading up to its as yet-unscheduled 2013 release via RCA Records.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Marsha Ambrosius’ J Erving‘s Cold War visual.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hustlers ft. The Game & Marsha Ambrosius" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.