Already having built up a strong reputation as half of R&B group Floetry (and 1/4 of Mario and Sterling Simms’ songwriting team, the Knightwritaz), Aftermath signee Marsha Ambrosius knows it’s only a matter of time before she reaches superstar status. Using her current standing as an inspirational advantage, the London native is doing some courting around the city; whichever man wins her over will be her Co-Star once she makes it big. Toning down his usual high-tempo club beats, in-house beatsmith Focus comes through with enough smooth strings and brass to make listeners think that he was hired to be part of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Hopefully, Co-Star will break off with a strong internet buzz and thrust the talented singer into the mainstream.
Written by Burmy on 06/18/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.