Already having built up a strong reputation as half of R&B group Floetry (and 1/4 of Mario and Sterling Simms’ songwriting team, the Knightwritaz), Aftermath signee Marsha Ambrosius knows it’s only a matter of time before she reaches superstar status. Using her current standing as an inspirational advantage, the London native is doing some courting around the city; whichever man wins her over will be her Co-Star once she makes it big. Toning down his usual high-tempo club beats, in-house beatsmith Focus comes through with enough smooth strings and brass to make listeners think that he was hired to be part of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Hopefully, Co-Star will break off with a strong internet buzz and thrust the talented singer into the mainstream.
Written by Burmy on 06/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hustlers ft. The Game & Marsha Ambrosius" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.