Already having built up a strong reputation as half of R&B group Floetry (and 1/4 of Mario and Sterling Simms’ songwriting team, the Knightwritaz), Aftermath signee Marsha Ambrosius knows it’s only a matter of time before she reaches superstar status. Using her current standing as an inspirational advantage, the London native is doing some courting around the city; whichever man wins her over will be her Co-Star once she makes it big. Toning down his usual high-tempo club beats, in-house beatsmith Focus comes through with enough smooth strings and brass to make listeners think that he was hired to be part of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Hopefully, Co-Star will break off with a strong internet buzz and thrust the talented singer into the mainstream.
Written by Burmy on 06/18/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.