The music game is filled with players, rappers, and singers boasting about their romantic exploits and picking up members of the opposite sex in the club. Refreshingly, soul songstress Marsha Ambrosius doesn’t take this route on When U Want, a new collaboration with Sterling Simms. Marsha explains that she used to never think about settling down, but, with her new man, she’ll be there When U Want. Making the track a true family affair, in-house producer Oak, a member of the production and songwriting team KnightWritaz, backs both artists with a drum-driven mid-tempo beat. With this latest offering, fans are sure to be clamoring for Marsha’s Aftermath debut, but they’ll have to wait until Marsha gives Dre and Co. the green light.
Written by Carly on 07/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.