The music game is filled with players, rappers, and singers boasting about their romantic exploits and picking up members of the opposite sex in the club. Refreshingly, soul songstress Marsha Ambrosius doesn’t take this route on When U Want, a new collaboration with Sterling Simms. Marsha explains that she used to never think about settling down, but, with her new man, she’ll be there When U Want. Making the track a true family affair, in-house producer Oak, a member of the production and songwriting team KnightWritaz, backs both artists with a drum-driven mid-tempo beat. With this latest offering, fans are sure to be clamoring for Marsha’s Aftermath debut, but they’ll have to wait until Marsha gives Dre and Co. the green light.
Written by Carly on 07/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.