Don’t let the modest title fool you; Mars Jackson‘s debut feature may be Just Some Sh*t, but it’s some sh*t that deserves your complete and undivided attention. Part of the Pittsburgh representative’s Hype Chill LP, this cut exemplifies both of the titular qualities—separately, in reverse order. It begins on a mellow note, with Jackson nonchalantly comparing himself to the rap greats over a mesmerizing, sampled groove. Halfway though, SP‘s instrumental abruptly switches gears and the emcee’s braggadocio takes on a brasher, more aggressive tone. Director JMYJAM‘s off-the-cuff visuals round out the package. Good sh*t, right? If you agree, then you won’t want to miss the rest of the dope material in store on Mars Jackson’s latest full-length, available now for free digital download.
Written by richard on 11/25/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.