Like fellow Motor City MC Obie Trice, rapper Marquise Porter goes by his “real name, no gimmicks.” This motto also seems to sum up his debut single, where rather than focus exclusively on the street or the club, he paints a vivid picture of life In Da City. Producer Saint Denson, who gets an A+ for style by using an Eagles sample, provides a beat that is everything a musical accompaniment should be. It’s powerful enough to set a backdrop, but subtle enough to make room for Porter’s lyricism. While his writing might not be Detroit’s best (Hey Marshall), Marquise Porter definitely has the heart and soul to make himself at home.
Written by Burmy on 10/29/07
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.