Like fellow Motor City MC Obie Trice, rapper Marquise Porter goes by his “real name, no gimmicks.” This motto also seems to sum up his debut single, where rather than focus exclusively on the street or the club, he paints a vivid picture of life In Da City. Producer Saint Denson, who gets an A+ for style by using an Eagles sample, provides a beat that is everything a musical accompaniment should be. It’s powerful enough to set a backdrop, but subtle enough to make room for Porter’s lyricism. While his writing might not be Detroit’s best (Hey Marshall), Marquise Porter definitely has the heart and soul to make himself at home.
Listen to More: Marquise Porter Written by Burmy
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!