Like fellow Motor City MC Obie Trice, rapper Marquise Porter goes by his “real name, no gimmicks.” This motto also seems to sum up his debut single, where rather than focus exclusively on the street or the club, he paints a vivid picture of life In Da City. Producer Saint Denson, who gets an A+ for style by using an Eagles sample, provides a beat that is everything a musical accompaniment should be. It’s powerful enough to set a backdrop, but subtle enough to make room for Porter’s lyricism. While his writing might not be Detroit’s best (Hey Marshall), Marquise Porter definitely has the heart and soul to make himself at home.
Listen to More: Marquise Porter
Written by Burmy on 10/29/07
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.