In 2003, Marques Houston took a “Club ‘n B” approach with his solo debut album, MH. Two years later, he got Naked for his sophomore album. Two years after that, he attempted to prove his Veteran status with a more balanced sound. Now, on his fourth effort, the 26-year old LA native simply wants to introduce the world to Mr. Houston. Opting for Noel “Detail” Fisher‘s acoustic guitars on the first single, Marques has found the perfect fit for his soft, falsetto-tinged vocals, turning the pain of lost love into comfort of letting her know he’ll always love her; after all, she’s his Sunset. In accordance with its title, Sunset makes for soothing music once the stars go up. For the newest chapter in the evolution of Marques Houston, head over to your record store on November 18 and ask for a copy of Mr. Houston.
Listen to More: Marques Houston Written by Burmy
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.