In 2003, Marques Houston took a “Club ‘n B” approach with his solo debut album, MH. Two years later, he got Naked for his sophomore album. Two years after that, he attempted to prove his Veteran status with a more balanced sound. Now, on his fourth effort, the 26-year old LA native simply wants to introduce the world to Mr. Houston. Opting for Noel “Detail” Fisher‘s acoustic guitars on the first single, Marques has found the perfect fit for his soft, falsetto-tinged vocals, turning the pain of lost love into comfort of letting her know he’ll always love her; after all, she’s his Sunset. In accordance with its title, Sunset makes for soothing music once the stars go up. For the newest chapter in the evolution of Marques Houston, head over to your record store on November 18 and ask for a copy of Mr. Houston.
Written by Burmy on 07/17/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.