In 2003, Marques Houston took a “Club ‘n B” approach with his solo debut album, MH. Two years later, he got Naked for his sophomore album. Two years after that, he attempted to prove his Veteran status with a more balanced sound. Now, on his fourth effort, the 26-year old LA native simply wants to introduce the world to Mr. Houston. Opting for Noel “Detail” Fisher‘s acoustic guitars on the first single, Marques has found the perfect fit for his soft, falsetto-tinged vocals, turning the pain of lost love into comfort of letting her know he’ll always love her; after all, she’s his Sunset. In accordance with its title, Sunset makes for soothing music once the stars go up. For the newest chapter in the evolution of Marques Houston, head over to your record store on November 18 and ask for a copy of Mr. Houston.
Written by Burmy on 07/17/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.