In 2003, Marques Houston took a “Club ‘n B” approach with his solo debut album, MH. Two years later, he got Naked for his sophomore album. Two years after that, he attempted to prove his Veteran status with a more balanced sound. Now, on his fourth effort, the 26-year old LA native simply wants to introduce the world to Mr. Houston. Opting for Noel “Detail” Fisher‘s acoustic guitars on the first single, Marques has found the perfect fit for his soft, falsetto-tinged vocals, turning the pain of lost love into comfort of letting her know he’ll always love her; after all, she’s his Sunset. In accordance with its title, Sunset makes for soothing music once the stars go up. For the newest chapter in the evolution of Marques Houston, head over to your record store on November 18 and ask for a copy of Mr. Houston.
Written by Burmy on 07/17/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.