Missing from our pages since May 2010, a lot has happened in the R&B realm since former Immature crooner Marques Houston briefly bid adieu. New school crooners The Weeknd and Frank Ocean have brought something new to the table and Virginia hitmakers Chris Brown and Trey Songz have proceeded to change rhythm and blues to raunchy and blues, but upon his return to the game Houston will stick with the formula he knows best and that is silky vocals paired with even smoother production. On the Los Angeles singer’s comeback single, Speechless, he dotes on the woman in his life so heavily that he’s eventually left without words. Production on the record is kept relatively light, giving Houston’s vocals somewhat of a cappella-like quality to them. Speechless is one of several records featured on Houston’s forthcoming album Famous, which will likely put a little added romance in the air when it’s released on Valentine’s Day 2013.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.