Missing from our pages since May 2010, a lot has happened in the R&B realm since former Immature crooner Marques Houston briefly bid adieu. New school crooners The Weeknd and Frank Ocean have brought something new to the table and Virginia hitmakers Chris Brown and Trey Songz have proceeded to change rhythm and blues to raunchy and blues, but upon his return to the game Houston will stick with the formula he knows best and that is silky vocals paired with even smoother production. On the Los Angeles singer’s comeback single, Speechless, he dotes on the woman in his life so heavily that he’s eventually left without words. Production on the record is kept relatively light, giving Houston’s vocals somewhat of a cappella-like quality to them. Speechless is one of several records featured on Houston’s forthcoming album Famous, which will likely put a little added romance in the air when it’s released on Valentine’s Day 2013.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.