Missing from our pages since May 2010, a lot has happened in the R&B realm since former Immature crooner Marques Houston briefly bid adieu. New school crooners The Weeknd and Frank Ocean have brought something new to the table and Virginia hitmakers Chris Brown and Trey Songz have proceeded to change rhythm and blues to raunchy and blues, but upon his return to the game Houston will stick with the formula he knows best and that is silky vocals paired with even smoother production. On the Los Angeles singer’s comeback single, Speechless, he dotes on the woman in his life so heavily that he’s eventually left without words. Production on the record is kept relatively light, giving Houston’s vocals somewhat of a cappella-like quality to them. Speechless is one of several records featured on Houston’s forthcoming album Famous, which will likely put a little added romance in the air when it’s released on Valentine’s Day 2013.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.