Missing from our pages since May 2010, a lot has happened in the R&B realm since former Immature crooner Marques Houston briefly bid adieu. New school crooners The Weeknd and Frank Ocean have brought something new to the table and Virginia hitmakers Chris Brown and Trey Songz have proceeded to change rhythm and blues to raunchy and blues, but upon his return to the game Houston will stick with the formula he knows best and that is silky vocals paired with even smoother production. On the Los Angeles singer’s comeback single, Speechless, he dotes on the woman in his life so heavily that he’s eventually left without words. Production on the record is kept relatively light, giving Houston’s vocals somewhat of a cappella-like quality to them. Speechless is one of several records featured on Houston’s forthcoming album Famous, which will likely put a little added romance in the air when it’s released on Valentine’s Day 2013.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.