Missing from our pages since May 2010, a lot has happened in the R&B realm since former Immature crooner Marques Houston briefly bid adieu. New school crooners The Weeknd and Frank Ocean have brought something new to the table and Virginia hitmakers Chris Brown and Trey Songz have proceeded to change rhythm and blues to raunchy and blues, but upon his return to the game Houston will stick with the formula he knows best and that is silky vocals paired with even smoother production. On the Los Angeles singer’s comeback single, Speechless, he dotes on the woman in his life so heavily that he’s eventually left without words. Production on the record is kept relatively light, giving Houston’s vocals somewhat of a cappella-like quality to them. Speechless is one of several records featured on Houston’s forthcoming album Famous, which will likely put a little added romance in the air when it’s released on Valentine’s Day 2013.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)