Though his last feature, Kickin’ and Screamin’, earned mixed – well, OK, lousy – reviews from readers, Marques Houston hasn’t given up the fight. Today, the Los Angeles native is back on our front page with, Pullin on Her Hair, a new radio single he hopes will get listeners in the Booth and beyond hooked on his brand of Mattress Music. The concept is, well, pretty self-explanatory: over his and Chris Stokes’ mellow, synth-driven instrumental, Houston soulfully explains just how much pleasure he derives from yanking on his girl’s ‘do. Fortunately, the female in question finds it as enjoyable as he does, even when it results in ruined cornrows. Teflon Don Rick Ross expresses his own penchant for hair-pulling on the guest tip – no word, unfortunately, on whether he likes having his beard tugged (you’ll just have to try for yourself next time you see him). Anyway, has Houston succeeded in winning you over with this bedroom jam? If your answer is “Yes,” you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of the artist’s latest full-length when it hits stores and online retailers July 27.
Written by richard on 05/23/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.