When it comes to writing a bedroom-ready R&B record, quoting Marvin Gaye’s Let’s Get It On is practically cheating. You might as well just pump pheromones through the listener’s speakers. Be that as it may, I’m willing to give Los Angeles crooner Marques Houston a pass for drawing from the classic burner on Only You, the lead single off his sixth full-length. Featuring lyrics borrowed from the ‘73 single, as well as a beat (courtesy of Houston and Immanuel Rich) that echoes its melody, the record packs a considerable erotic charge right out the gate, but the Musicworks signee manages to build upon Gaye’s blueprint, turning in a cut with a sensual appeal all its own. Brian Carter directs the joint’s sultry official visuals. For more, check out Marques Houston’s Famous LP when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, August 27.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)