If you haven’t been spending your time watching straight-to-BET movies starring D-list celebrities, you probably haven’t heard Marques Houston’s name in a while. However, with a new deal to Musicworks Inc./Capitol Records, Houston is ready to begin where he left on the R&B charts with his new single Kickin and Screamin. Alongside his reliable producers Chris Stokes and Eric Crawford, the comeback single should be a banger right? When the production started, it sounded like a mix of LOL Smiley Face with a drum beat from Omarion’s I Get It In – not really what I was expecting. However, when Marques’ vocals came in, I became somewhat upset. Don’t get me wrong, the man can sing, but ending every bar in the first verse with “Motherf***a?” Who does that?! If this single is a preview of what Houston’s new album Mattress Music sounds like, I’ll personally be fine without it – what do you think, Booth readers?
Written by JRTheWriter on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)