If you haven’t been spending your time watching straight-to-BET movies starring D-list celebrities, you probably haven’t heard Marques Houston’s name in a while. However, with a new deal to Musicworks Inc./Capitol Records, Houston is ready to begin where he left on the R&B charts with his new single Kickin and Screamin. Alongside his reliable producers Chris Stokes and Eric Crawford, the comeback single should be a banger right? When the production started, it sounded like a mix of LOL Smiley Face with a drum beat from Omarion’s I Get It In – not really what I was expecting. However, when Marques’ vocals came in, I became somewhat upset. Don’t get me wrong, the man can sing, but ending every bar in the first verse with “Motherf***a?” Who does that?! If this single is a preview of what Houston’s new album Mattress Music sounds like, I’ll personally be fine without it – what do you think, Booth readers?
Written by JRTheWriter on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.