If you haven’t been spending your time watching straight-to-BET movies starring D-list celebrities, you probably haven’t heard Marques Houston’s name in a while. However, with a new deal to Musicworks Inc./Capitol Records, Houston is ready to begin where he left on the R&B charts with his new single Kickin and Screamin. Alongside his reliable producers Chris Stokes and Eric Crawford, the comeback single should be a banger right? When the production started, it sounded like a mix of LOL Smiley Face with a drum beat from Omarion’s I Get It In – not really what I was expecting. However, when Marques’ vocals came in, I became somewhat upset. Don’t get me wrong, the man can sing, but ending every bar in the first verse with “Motherf***a?” Who does that?! If this single is a preview of what Houston’s new album Mattress Music sounds like, I’ll personally be fine without it – what do you think, Booth readers?
Written by JRTheWriter on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.