Although it’s been over six months since Veteran was released (and almost a year since the first single, Favorite Girl), Marques Houston continues to drop records from his album. The fourth and final go-round, Always & Forever, finds Houston singing about (what else?) a woman who he doesn’t want to be with. Marques can’t get past how attractive she is, but ultimately decides to get with her anyway (always a good move). Using his falsetto voice (as he told DJBooth, it’s great to attract the ladies), and accompanied by soft-sounding production from David Balfour, Eric Dawkins, and Antonio Dixon, Always & Forever is very likely to be played in heavy rotation on stations that cater to a young female audience.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.