Although it’s been over six months since Veteran was released (and almost a year since the first single, Favorite Girl), Marques Houston continues to drop records from his album. The fourth and final go-round, Always & Forever, finds Houston singing about (what else?) a woman who he doesn’t want to be with. Marques can’t get past how attractive she is, but ultimately decides to get with her anyway (always a good move). Using his falsetto voice (as he told DJBooth, it’s great to attract the ladies), and accompanied by soft-sounding production from David Balfour, Eric Dawkins, and Antonio Dixon, Always & Forever is very likely to be played in heavy rotation on stations that cater to a young female audience.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.