A glance at the feature lineup on MarQ Spekt and Blockhead‘s latest loosie is enough to make clear that, though it was left off the tracklist of their recent collaborative set, quality wasn’t the issue. In actuality, Air Pegasus just wasn’t ready in time. Regardless, fans are sure to enjoy the smorgasboard of dope lyricism offered by this cut, which was inspired by Spekt’s recent travels abroad: “[This is] a track I conceived while I was in Paris earlier this summer and a fan threw me a bag of weed and said, “Cadeau.” I found out that means “gift” in French, so it made sense to drop this extra piece to the people.” Aesop Rock and Open Mike Eagle lend their knotty flows to the record, joining MarQ over Block’s mellow, tuneful sample work. This joint is, as mentioned above, just a loosie, but those feeling it can hear more on the headliners’ JustPlayWitIt LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It 2 Death" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.