A glance at the feature lineup on MarQ Spekt and Blockhead‘s latest loosie is enough to make clear that, though it was left off the tracklist of their recent collaborative set, quality wasn’t the issue. In actuality, Air Pegasus just wasn’t ready in time. Regardless, fans are sure to enjoy the smorgasboard of dope lyricism offered by this cut, which was inspired by Spekt’s recent travels abroad: “[This is] a track I conceived while I was in Paris earlier this summer and a fan threw me a bag of weed and said, “Cadeau.” I found out that means “gift” in French, so it made sense to drop this extra piece to the people.” Aesop Rock and Open Mike Eagle lend their knotty flows to the record, joining MarQ over Block’s mellow, tuneful sample work. This joint is, as mentioned above, just a loosie, but those feeling it can hear more on the headliners’ JustPlayWitIt LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It 2 Death" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.