A glance at the feature lineup on MarQ Spekt and Blockhead‘s latest loosie is enough to make clear that, though it was left off the tracklist of their recent collaborative set, quality wasn’t the issue. In actuality, Air Pegasus just wasn’t ready in time. Regardless, fans are sure to enjoy the smorgasboard of dope lyricism offered by this cut, which was inspired by Spekt’s recent travels abroad: “[This is] a track I conceived while I was in Paris earlier this summer and a fan threw me a bag of weed and said, “Cadeau.” I found out that means “gift” in French, so it made sense to drop this extra piece to the people.” Aesop Rock and Open Mike Eagle lend their knotty flows to the record, joining MarQ over Block’s mellow, tuneful sample work. This joint is, as mentioned above, just a loosie, but those feeling it can hear more on the headliners’ JustPlayWitIt LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It 2 Death" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.