With their collaborative debut just three weeks from release, Philly rhymesayer MarQ Spekt and Manhattan-based beatsmith Blockhead have unleashed another single off the eagerly-anticipated set. Coming on the heels of mid-June’s SumOfItsParts, Grilchy 808 trades its predecessor’s boom-bap sound for something even, well, grilchier. (According to Spekt, “grilchy” is grimy and filthy combined.) Over Block’s pitched-down samples, ambient synths and lurching drums, Spekt delivers fast-paced, wordplay-heavy bars destined to strike fear into his competitors’ hearts. Feeling it? More awaits on JustPlayWitIt, slated to drop July 29, via HiPNOTT Records.
Written by richard on 07/9/14
Think today's rap game is a little short on aggressive bars and grimy beats? Then JustPlayWitIt, Philly emcee MarQ Spekt and NYC beatmaker Blockhead's collaborative debut, is just what you've been missing. Heralded by lead...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It 2 Death" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.