Remember the good old days, when you could place a call from practically any street corner, without lugging around bulky smartphones? I mean, provided you were carrying the correct change. Oh, and the person you were trying to reach had better pick up, or you just wasted your money. OK, I guess those days weren’t that great—but one thing the humble Payphone will always have over mobile handsets is the drama factor. As proof, I present the latest single from Maroon 5, which finds frontman Adam Levine standing in the booth in rapt suspense, waiting to find out if his last fifty cents will connect him with the girl her loves. Backed by Shellback and Benny Blanco‘s airy pop production, the singer expresses his longing to patch things up with the woman in question, despite the burnt bridges between them. Wiz Khalifa guests on the middle, chucking the deuce to a woman who doesn’t appreciate all he’s done for her. In addition to keeping it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the June 26, release of Maroon 5’s fourth full-length, Overexposed, fans can tune into tonight’s episode of The Voice to hear Levine (a judge on the talent program) perform this record live.
Written by richard on 04/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animals (Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.