Though D.C. up-and-comer Marky reps the DMV, he knows that there’s no American city more emblematic of fame, fortune, and the fast life than Los Angeles, California. Making its exclusive world premiere right here in the Booth, the first official leak off the rapper’s forthcoming AMMTrak mixtape finds Marky paying tribute to the “entertainment capital of the U.S.,” from the Westside to Hollywood’s renowned Roosevelt Hotel, as he details his sky-high musical ambitions. As the rapper details his infatuation with the City of Angels in verses packed with vivid lyrical imagery, Milwaukee beatsmith Mo Digga backs his rhymes with some fittingly street-oriented boardwork—featuring swung percussion, synth-string stabs, and tense organ chords, the midtempo beat has a generous dash of West Coast flavor. This head-bobbing cut might not be what you’d expect from a DMV artist, but Marky isn’t your average Northeastern rapper. Those searching for an Antidote to the same-old, same-old street albums, should keep it locked to our front page for release details on his forthcoming AMMtrak (Anti Mixtape Marky Trak).
Written by richard on 07/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.