Just when I thought I’d heard every possible variation on the “love song” theme, someone comes along with a concept that’s completely new to me. In this case, the “someone” is DMV buzzmaker (and DJBooth.net Freestyle Series alum) Marky, bringing us a record based on his real-life romance with a deaf and mute woman. Along with its intriguing (and, as far as I know, very original) premise, mixtape inclusion Silent Beauty boasts the boardwork of a production heavyweight; hitmaking beatsmith Boi-1da (also featured today on Red Cafe‘s I’m Ill (Remix)) serves up a smooth blend of vibraphone, strings and piano as the emcee pays tribute to the girl who stole his heart without saying a single word. If this unconventional but undeniably touching track strikes a chord, you can find Silent Beauty, along with reader-acclaimed cut Victory Lap and much more on his Journey to Markyland, USA: Rest Stop 1 EP when it hits the ‘net next Tuesday, April 6.
Written by richard on 03/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.