Hip-Hop hot spots usually stand out because of a unique sound (New York has street-heavy lyrics, Houston is chopped & screwed, and Miami has lots and lots of bass). Unfortunately, Washington, D.C. hip-hop does not yet have a truly unifying sound. Fear not, residents of the nation’s capital, because 19-year old newcomer Marky is here! Helping to spearhead this movement, which is fashioned after D.C.‘s go-go scene and bolstered by a deal with veteran exec Steve Rifkind’s SRC Records, is Marky’s first single, Sheila (I Want Her). Produced by in-house beatmaker AB The Producer, the record possesses one of the earmarks of a national hit: it appeals to folks who don’t even listen to much hip-hop. Marky’s debut album, Hate Is the New LoVe, is currently set to drop sometime in ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 10/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.