Hip-Hop hot spots usually stand out because of a unique sound (New York has street-heavy lyrics, Houston is chopped & screwed, and Miami has lots and lots of bass). Unfortunately, Washington, D.C. hip-hop does not yet have a truly unifying sound. Fear not, residents of the nation’s capital, because 19-year old newcomer Marky is here! Helping to spearhead this movement, which is fashioned after D.C.‘s go-go scene and bolstered by a deal with veteran exec Steve Rifkind’s SRC Records, is Marky’s first single, Sheila (I Want Her). Produced by in-house beatmaker AB The Producer, the record possesses one of the earmarks of a national hit: it appeals to folks who don’t even listen to much hip-hop. Marky’s debut album, Hate Is the New LoVe, is currently set to drop sometime in ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 10/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.