Hip-Hop hot spots usually stand out because of a unique sound (New York has street-heavy lyrics, Houston is chopped & screwed, and Miami has lots and lots of bass). Unfortunately, Washington, D.C. hip-hop does not yet have a truly unifying sound. Fear not, residents of the nation’s capital, because 19-year old newcomer Marky is here! Helping to spearhead this movement, which is fashioned after D.C.‘s go-go scene and bolstered by a deal with veteran exec Steve Rifkind’s SRC Records, is Marky’s first single, Sheila (I Want Her). Produced by in-house beatmaker AB The Producer, the record possesses one of the earmarks of a national hit: it appeals to folks who don’t even listen to much hip-hop. Marky’s debut album, Hate Is the New LoVe, is currently set to drop sometime in ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 10/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.