Hip-Hop hot spots usually stand out because of a unique sound (New York has street-heavy lyrics, Houston is chopped & screwed, and Miami has lots and lots of bass). Unfortunately, Washington, D.C. hip-hop does not yet have a truly unifying sound. Fear not, residents of the nation’s capital, because 19-year old newcomer Marky is here! Helping to spearhead this movement, which is fashioned after D.C.‘s go-go scene and bolstered by a deal with veteran exec Steve Rifkind’s SRC Records, is Marky’s first single, Sheila (I Want Her). Produced by in-house beatmaker AB The Producer, the record possesses one of the earmarks of a national hit: it appeals to folks who don’t even listen to much hip-hop. Marky’s debut album, Hate Is the New LoVe, is currently set to drop sometime in ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 10/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.