Plenty of rappers dream of soaring through the stratosphere in private jets (or, in some cases, lifting off the ground by sheer force of THC consumption), but Booth-acclaimed up-and-comer (and freestyle series alum) Marky has his sights set much higher. On inaugural EP leak Rocket Man, the DMV native hops into his spacecraft and prepares to blast off into the farthest reaches of the musical galaxy. Sampled from Elton John’s ‘72 hit of the same name, The Madman‘s piano-driven instrumental sets a determined mood as the emcee informs those slow on the uptake that, like it or not, he’s headed to infinity and beyond: “You thought my motherf*ckin’ day was never gonna come / funny how the tables turned so quickly / I ain’t gotta prove sh*t, God gonna get me.” This buzzmaker’s trajectory toward success is already well underway, but there’s still time to jump on board the bandwagon… I mean, “band-rocket.” While you’re waiting for Marky’s iLLVibes/GoWhereHipHop-presented Journey to Markyland, USA: Rest Stop 3 EP (coming soon), why not check out the DJBooth-sponsored Rest Stop 2, available here for free streaming and download?
Written by richard on 06/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)