Plenty of rappers dream of soaring through the stratosphere in private jets (or, in some cases, lifting off the ground by sheer force of THC consumption), but Booth-acclaimed up-and-comer (and freestyle series alum) Marky has his sights set much higher. On inaugural EP leak Rocket Man, the DMV native hops into his spacecraft and prepares to blast off into the farthest reaches of the musical galaxy. Sampled from Elton John’s ‘72 hit of the same name, The Madman‘s piano-driven instrumental sets a determined mood as the emcee informs those slow on the uptake that, like it or not, he’s headed to infinity and beyond: “You thought my motherf*ckin’ day was never gonna come / funny how the tables turned so quickly / I ain’t gotta prove sh*t, God gonna get me.” This buzzmaker’s trajectory toward success is already well underway, but there’s still time to jump on board the bandwagon… I mean, “band-rocket.” While you’re waiting for Marky’s iLLVibes/GoWhereHipHop-presented Journey to Markyland, USA: Rest Stop 3 EP (coming soon), why not check out the DJBooth-sponsored Rest Stop 2, available here for free streaming and download?
Written by richard on 06/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.