Inspired by Rick Rubin‘s decision to subtitle his remix of Justice‘s On ‘n’ On “Ruined by Rick Rubin,” Marky does the heavyweight producer and Columbia Records exec one better on his latest #WinningStreakWednesdays release. On his version of the record, the DMV repper “Ruins Rick Rubin’s Remix” by lacing his clattering instrumental with larger-than-life braggadocio. Stay tuned to The DJBooth for further entries in the freestyle alum‘s ongoing series, and watch for his latest street album, Divine Intervention, to drop March 14.
Written by richard on 02/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.