In an age of global overconsumption, the flawed adage of “more is better” is being pushed to make everyone believe that money can buy happiness. If you’re like most of America and can’t decide whether you should spend your next paycheck on food or a sick new pair of Dunks, I highly recommend you take a listen to Marky’s latest track, Louis Squares, which originally premiered on our Infamy Radio Countdown. The sparkling and soulful production from DJ Dyber works well with the freestyle alum’s delivery as Marky not only shines a light on the materialistic and the fake, but more importantly offers his solution on how to rise above it all: “To prove I’m someone else all I do is be myself, the only friend I have is music, I don’t need nobody else.” If only Wall St. felt the same way maybe we wouldn’t be in this mess. If you liked Louis Sqaures, be sure to check out Journey to Markyland, USA: Rest Stop 2, co-presented by KevinNottingham.com and DJBooth.net, dropping this Thursday on our homepage. Stay original.
Written by Sigurd on 05/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.