In an age of global overconsumption, the flawed adage of “more is better” is being pushed to make everyone believe that money can buy happiness. If you’re like most of America and can’t decide whether you should spend your next paycheck on food or a sick new pair of Dunks, I highly recommend you take a listen to Marky’s latest track, Louis Squares, which originally premiered on our Infamy Radio Countdown. The sparkling and soulful production from DJ Dyber works well with the freestyle alum’s delivery as Marky not only shines a light on the materialistic and the fake, but more importantly offers his solution on how to rise above it all: “To prove I’m someone else all I do is be myself, the only friend I have is music, I don’t need nobody else.” If only Wall St. felt the same way maybe we wouldn’t be in this mess. If you liked Louis Sqaures, be sure to check out Journey to Markyland, USA: Rest Stop 2, co-presented by KevinNottingham.com and DJBooth.net, dropping this Thursday on our homepage. Stay original.
Written by Sigurd on 05/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.