If you’re looking to become hip-hop’s Next Big Thing, being a little Delusional certainly doesn’t hurt (case in point: Lil Wayne). Nonetheless, D.C. emcee Marky‘s second Booth feature finds the Universal Records/SRC/Studio43 signee a little concerned about the game’s long-term effects on his mental state. Described by the artist himself as “a heartfelt joint” and “one of my favorite cuts,” Delusion strikes an effective balance between moody introspection and off-the-wall wordplay (“I’m on my guns and butter like Ving Rhymes/ Ving Rhames, potato potahto, same…”), and labelmate AB the Producer adds to the appeal with a midtempo blend of woozy synths and music-box arpeggios. If you’re hungry for more of Marky’s musical delusions, remember to pick up a copy of his forthcoming ‘mini-album,’ Nothing Is 43ver, on—you guessed it—April 3rd (4/3). In the meantime, keep your eyes glued to the Booth, as the emcee plans to leak another cut in the next week.
Listen to More: Marky
Written by richard on 03/19/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.