If you’re looking to become hip-hop’s Next Big Thing, being a little Delusional certainly doesn’t hurt (case in point: Lil Wayne). Nonetheless, D.C. emcee Marky‘s second Booth feature finds the Universal Records/SRC/Studio43 signee a little concerned about the game’s long-term effects on his mental state. Described by the artist himself as “a heartfelt joint” and “one of my favorite cuts,” Delusion strikes an effective balance between moody introspection and off-the-wall wordplay (“I’m on my guns and butter like Ving Rhymes/ Ving Rhames, potato potahto, same…”), and labelmate AB the Producer adds to the appeal with a midtempo blend of woozy synths and music-box arpeggios. If you’re hungry for more of Marky’s musical delusions, remember to pick up a copy of his forthcoming ‘mini-album,’ Nothing Is 43ver, on—you guessed it—April 3rd (4/3). In the meantime, keep your eyes glued to the Booth, as the emcee plans to leak another cut in the next week.
Listen to More: Marky Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!