If you’re looking to become hip-hop’s Next Big Thing, being a little Delusional certainly doesn’t hurt (case in point: Lil Wayne). Nonetheless, D.C. emcee Marky‘s second Booth feature finds the Universal Records/SRC/Studio43 signee a little concerned about the game’s long-term effects on his mental state. Described by the artist himself as “a heartfelt joint” and “one of my favorite cuts,” Delusion strikes an effective balance between moody introspection and off-the-wall wordplay (“I’m on my guns and butter like Ving Rhymes/ Ving Rhames, potato potahto, same…”), and labelmate AB the Producer adds to the appeal with a midtempo blend of woozy synths and music-box arpeggios. If you’re hungry for more of Marky’s musical delusions, remember to pick up a copy of his forthcoming ‘mini-album,’ Nothing Is 43ver, on—you guessed it—April 3rd (4/3). In the meantime, keep your eyes glued to the Booth, as the emcee plans to leak another cut in the next week.
Written by richard on 03/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.