If you’re looking to become hip-hop’s Next Big Thing, being a little Delusional certainly doesn’t hurt (case in point: Lil Wayne). Nonetheless, D.C. emcee Marky‘s second Booth feature finds the Universal Records/SRC/Studio43 signee a little concerned about the game’s long-term effects on his mental state. Described by the artist himself as “a heartfelt joint” and “one of my favorite cuts,” Delusion strikes an effective balance between moody introspection and off-the-wall wordplay (“I’m on my guns and butter like Ving Rhymes/ Ving Rhames, potato potahto, same…”), and labelmate AB the Producer adds to the appeal with a midtempo blend of woozy synths and music-box arpeggios. If you’re hungry for more of Marky’s musical delusions, remember to pick up a copy of his forthcoming ‘mini-album,’ Nothing Is 43ver, on—you guessed it—April 3rd (4/3). In the meantime, keep your eyes glued to the Booth, as the emcee plans to leak another cut in the next week.
Listen to More: Marky
Written by richard on 03/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.