Reader fave (and freestyle series alum) Marky takes his latest Booth feature as an opportunity to draw listeners’ attention back to the plight of Japanese citizens struggling to recover from March’s natural disasters. Taking its name from iLLVibes’ and SnackTruck Media‘s benefit campaign, DC for Japan finds Marky inviting fans to make a contribution over a slow-rolling beat by AB the Producer. To make a one-dollar donation to the cause, or purchase a sticker for $10 (with all proceeds going to the Red Cross), visit DCforJapan.com. Also, watch for Marky to take part in a forthcoming compilation album with New Era.
Written by richard on 04/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.