Reader fave (and freestyle series alum) Marky takes his latest Booth feature as an opportunity to draw listeners’ attention back to the plight of Japanese citizens struggling to recover from March’s natural disasters. Taking its name from iLLVibes’ and SnackTruck Media‘s benefit campaign, DC for Japan finds Marky inviting fans to make a contribution over a slow-rolling beat by AB the Producer. To make a one-dollar donation to the cause, or purchase a sticker for $10 (with all proceeds going to the Red Cross), visit DCforJapan.com. Also, watch for Marky to take part in a forthcoming compilation album with New Era.
Written by richard on 04/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.