To ask, or not to ask? Asking at the wrong moment can wreck the mood completely, but if you don’t ask, how will you know for sure? On his latest mixtape leak, DMV repper Marky takes a tongue-in-cheek look at that eternal question with the power to make or break an evening: “Is It Cool to F**k?” AB the Pro mans the boards, delivering a smooth mix of synths and handclap-driven percussion as the freestyle series alum ponders whether to go the direct route or skirt around the issue. On the back, guest star (and fellow freestyle series contributor) XV settles on a stealthier approach: “Your keys got lost in the couch, now you come over to my house for the night / Now we’re cutting out all the lights, like I ain’t paid the bill in months…” If you’re digging this witty meditation on bedside manners, keep it locked – while the artist has yet to set a solid release date for his arrival in @Markyland, we’ll make sure that you’re the first to know once an itinerary’s been established.
Written by richard on 01/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.