To ask, or not to ask? Asking at the wrong moment can wreck the mood completely, but if you don’t ask, how will you know for sure? On his latest mixtape leak, DMV repper Marky takes a tongue-in-cheek look at that eternal question with the power to make or break an evening: “Is It Cool to F**k?” AB the Pro mans the boards, delivering a smooth mix of synths and handclap-driven percussion as the freestyle series alum ponders whether to go the direct route or skirt around the issue. On the back, guest star (and fellow freestyle series contributor) XV settles on a stealthier approach: “Your keys got lost in the couch, now you come over to my house for the night / Now we’re cutting out all the lights, like I ain’t paid the bill in months…” If you’re digging this witty meditation on bedside manners, keep it locked – while the artist has yet to set a solid release date for his arrival in @Markyland, we’ll make sure that you’re the first to know once an itinerary’s been established.
Written by richard on 01/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.