They say you should only rap about what you know. In Pusha T’s case that means rapping about moving massive amounts of cocaine, in Kanye’s case that means rapping about himself and in Marky’s case having sex without any of those messy emotions. On the first offering of his brand new series, the DJBooth Freestyle Series and Uncontested alum only has one question for the ladies; Can We Chill? (And by “chill” he means have sexual relations.) Australian production duo Twice as Nice set the pace with a percussively moving beat that’s appropriately relaxed. It’s just the thing Marky needs to spit some real game – “Wasn’t trying to cuddle I was really trying to beat” – that includes some serious fast flows. Add in the always solid Asher Roth, whom I believe is legally obligated to drop one hilarious pop culture reference per verse, Ryan Phillippe in this case, and you’ve got one hell of a way to kick off Marky’s new Marky Meal series. For more tasty rap tidbits from the young DMV representer be sure to keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.