They say you should only rap about what you know. In Pusha T’s case that means rapping about moving massive amounts of cocaine, in Kanye’s case that means rapping about himself and in Marky’s case having sex without any of those messy emotions. On the first offering of his brand new series, the DJBooth Freestyle Series and Uncontested alum only has one question for the ladies; Can We Chill? (And by “chill” he means have sexual relations.) Australian production duo Twice as Nice set the pace with a percussively moving beat that’s appropriately relaxed. It’s just the thing Marky needs to spit some real game – “Wasn’t trying to cuddle I was really trying to beat” – that includes some serious fast flows. Add in the always solid Asher Roth, whom I believe is legally obligated to drop one hilarious pop culture reference per verse, Ryan Phillippe in this case, and you’ve got one hell of a way to kick off Marky’s new Marky Meal series. For more tasty rap tidbits from the young DMV representer be sure to keep it locked.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!