They say you should only rap about what you know. In Pusha T’s case that means rapping about moving massive amounts of cocaine, in Kanye’s case that means rapping about himself and in Marky’s case having sex without any of those messy emotions. On the first offering of his brand new series, the DJBooth Freestyle Series and Uncontested alum only has one question for the ladies; Can We Chill? (And by “chill” he means have sexual relations.) Australian production duo Twice as Nice set the pace with a percussively moving beat that’s appropriately relaxed. It’s just the thing Marky needs to spit some real game – “Wasn’t trying to cuddle I was really trying to beat” – that includes some serious fast flows. Add in the always solid Asher Roth, whom I believe is legally obligated to drop one hilarious pop culture reference per verse, Ryan Phillippe in this case, and you’ve got one hell of a way to kick off Marky’s new Marky Meal series. For more tasty rap tidbits from the young DMV representer be sure to keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/26/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.