They say you should only rap about what you know. In Pusha T’s case that means rapping about moving massive amounts of cocaine, in Kanye’s case that means rapping about himself and in Marky’s case having sex without any of those messy emotions. On the first offering of his brand new series, the DJBooth Freestyle Series and Uncontested alum only has one question for the ladies; Can We Chill? (And by “chill” he means have sexual relations.) Australian production duo Twice as Nice set the pace with a percussively moving beat that’s appropriately relaxed. It’s just the thing Marky needs to spit some real game – “Wasn’t trying to cuddle I was really trying to beat” – that includes some serious fast flows. Add in the always solid Asher Roth, whom I believe is legally obligated to drop one hilarious pop culture reference per verse, Ryan Phillippe in this case, and you’ve got one hell of a way to kick off Marky’s new Marky Meal series. For more tasty rap tidbits from the young DMV representer be sure to keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.