DC representative and freestyle series alum Marky is back with the latest leak off his forthcoming mixtape with producer Rockwilder. Instead of dancers, lounge acts and comedy, Cabaret is nothing but horns and spitfire lyrics. The DMV native dictates the pace of the track as well, utilizing his fast paced punchline flow to collide with the superproducer’s sweeping drums and triumphant horns for a near two minutes with one lone break in the middle. Never one to pass up a clever one-liner, Marky uses his trademark wit to turn “light skinned n*ggas into clowns,” while talking up himself and his potential for greatness. This hookless banger showcases why Marky is a sought-after commodity in his home city, and joining forces with a beatsmith as renowned as Rockwilder most definitely bodes well for the future of his career. The emcee-producer duo’s collaborative street album, the aptly-titled The Markwilder Show, is set to bless hip-hop heads’ eardrums come April 19.
Written by Brando on 03/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.