DC representative and freestyle series alum Marky is back with the latest leak off his forthcoming mixtape with producer Rockwilder. Instead of dancers, lounge acts and comedy, Cabaret is nothing but horns and spitfire lyrics. The DMV native dictates the pace of the track as well, utilizing his fast paced punchline flow to collide with the superproducer’s sweeping drums and triumphant horns for a near two minutes with one lone break in the middle. Never one to pass up a clever one-liner, Marky uses his trademark wit to turn “light skinned n*ggas into clowns,” while talking up himself and his potential for greatness. This hookless banger showcases why Marky is a sought-after commodity in his home city, and joining forces with a beatsmith as renowned as Rockwilder most definitely bodes well for the future of his career. The emcee-producer duo’s collaborative street album, the aptly-titled The Markwilder Show, is set to bless hip-hop heads’ eardrums come April 19.
Written by Brando on 03/27/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.