DC representative and freestyle series alum Marky is back with the latest leak off his forthcoming mixtape with producer Rockwilder. Instead of dancers, lounge acts and comedy, Cabaret is nothing but horns and spitfire lyrics. The DMV native dictates the pace of the track as well, utilizing his fast paced punchline flow to collide with the superproducer’s sweeping drums and triumphant horns for a near two minutes with one lone break in the middle. Never one to pass up a clever one-liner, Marky uses his trademark wit to turn “light skinned n*ggas into clowns,” while talking up himself and his potential for greatness. This hookless banger showcases why Marky is a sought-after commodity in his home city, and joining forces with a beatsmith as renowned as Rockwilder most definitely bodes well for the future of his career. The emcee-producer duo’s collaborative street album, the aptly-titled The Markwilder Show, is set to bless hip-hop heads’ eardrums come April 19.
Written by Brando on 03/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.