DC representative and freestyle series alum Marky is back with the latest leak off his forthcoming mixtape with producer Rockwilder. Instead of dancers, lounge acts and comedy, Cabaret is nothing but horns and spitfire lyrics. The DMV native dictates the pace of the track as well, utilizing his fast paced punchline flow to collide with the superproducer’s sweeping drums and triumphant horns for a near two minutes with one lone break in the middle. Never one to pass up a clever one-liner, Marky uses his trademark wit to turn “light skinned n*ggas into clowns,” while talking up himself and his potential for greatness. This hookless banger showcases why Marky is a sought-after commodity in his home city, and joining forces with a beatsmith as renowned as Rockwilder most definitely bodes well for the future of his career. The emcee-producer duo’s collaborative street album, the aptly-titled The Markwilder Show, is set to bless hip-hop heads’ eardrums come April 19.
Written by Brando on 03/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sheila (I Want Her)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)