R&B singers often like to portray themselves as expert seducers, able to wrap women around their finger with nothing more than a few well-chosen words. On indie singer Markell Clay‘s new promo single, however, it’s the chick who has him weak in the knees. As he puts it over Jamezz Bonn‘s delayed keys and hip hop-tinged rhythm section, “I think I’ve found my West Coast Crush.” YMCMB’s Tyga handles verse two, plying the object of his affections with promises of a getaway to Paris, and the Golden State’s own Game recounts his latest tryst in a racy closing 16. Have you fallen head-over-heels for Markell Clay’s smooth sound? Then stay tuned; while Crush is only a loosie, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from this ATL crooner in the very near future.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.