One of these days a rapper is going to drop a song with the word “stunt” that really involves some serious stunting. You know, being set on fire, jumping off buildings, etc. But while it looks like I’ll have to continue to wait for some true stunt man action, in the meantime Mark Steele’s We Stunt is a more than worthy addition to the stuntin’ tradition. A young North Carolina emcee making his debut on The DJBooth with the premiere of We Stunt, Steele is unabashed in his pursuit of the finer things in life: “Lieutenant, salute me / now everyone can’t ball but they all wanna shoot me.” Put it all over a shaking, appropriately lush beat from producer Truss One and you’ve got some stuntin’ that would make even Hollywood proud. For more from Steele keep an ear out for his Question Mark EP, due to drop in January, and as an added bonus We Stunt’s visuals are also being premiered right here, right now. Just click that Listen Now button above and enjoy. You’re welcome.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/6/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.