Judging by Mark Ronson‘s diverse oeuvre as an artist, songwriter, musician and producer, the Allido Records co-founder must have a pretty damned extensive and eclectic Record Collection. For further proof of his wide-ranging and adventurous musical tastes, I refer you to Bang Bang Bang, the newly-released lead single off his third studio album. While the headliner’s uniquely body-moving production work is far from guest emcee Q-Tip‘s usual, the match turns out to be one made in heaven – the Abstract’s stop-start flows are the perfect complement to Ronson’s stuttering guitar-organ groove. Singer/electronic musician MNDR (aka Amanda Warner) rounds out the lineup, informing us that “There’s no hiding behind molting feathers” on the blistering, double-time chorus. While I have no clue what that means, I do know I’m going to have this stuck in my head for the next couple days. Those digging this single can find more on Mark Ronson’s Record Collection LP, set to hit stores across the pond July 11.
Written by richard on 05/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Valerie ft. Amy Winehouse " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.