Judging by Mark Ronson‘s diverse oeuvre as an artist, songwriter, musician and producer, the Allido Records co-founder must have a pretty damned extensive and eclectic Record Collection. For further proof of his wide-ranging and adventurous musical tastes, I refer you to Bang Bang Bang, the newly-released lead single off his third studio album. While the headliner’s uniquely body-moving production work is far from guest emcee Q-Tip‘s usual, the match turns out to be one made in heaven – the Abstract’s stop-start flows are the perfect complement to Ronson’s stuttering guitar-organ groove. Singer/electronic musician MNDR (aka Amanda Warner) rounds out the lineup, informing us that “There’s no hiding behind molting feathers” on the blistering, double-time chorus. While I have no clue what that means, I do know I’m going to have this stuck in my head for the next couple days. Those digging this single can find more on Mark Ronson’s Record Collection LP, set to hit stores across the pond July 11.
Written by richard on 05/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Valerie ft. Amy Winehouse " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.