Early last year, Mark “The Mack” Morrison unleashed a snippet of N.A.N.G. (N**ga Ain’t No Good), a prospective single which found the UK singer urging women to walk away from abusive relationships. While that version was never released in full, the joint has now been unleashed in an upgraded form, complete with guest bars from a frequent collaborator and DJBooth fave. Joining the headliner and original featuree Shonie over producer Midus’ synth boardwork, Crooked I lets us know exactly how feels about domestic abusers on the closing verse: “How you love a chump like that? Come at me wrong, my gun might clap.” Mark Morrison’s junior set, I Am What I Am, is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers next year. Crook fans can hear more from the Long Beach vet on studio debut Apex Predator, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/5/13
Submit your Rating
Mack Life Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Innocent Man ft. Mark Morrison" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.