Though 2010 saw Mark Morrison drop by the Booth with the dancehall-flavored Father Forgive Them, 2012’s non-featured IAmWhatIAm marked the English R&B vet’s first proper single since ‘06’s Innocent Man. Today, I’m proud to announce the return of the Mack (sorry, I couldn’t resist) to our pages with that joint’s official remix, featuring the lyrical stylings of a longtime Booth fave. Mark Sparks mans the boards on this version of the anthemic cut, expanding the original’s aural palette with 808s, swirling synths and a brand new chopped-n-screwed outro. Slaughterhouse lyricist Crooked I delivers a tenacious closing verse. Now that Mark Morrison’s back, are you craving more? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the currently-unscheduled arrival of his next full-length, also titled I Am What I Am.
Mack Life Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Innocent Man ft. Mark Morrison" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!