Though 2010 saw Mark Morrison drop by the Booth with the dancehall-flavored Father Forgive Them, 2012’s non-featured IAmWhatIAm marked the English R&B vet’s first proper single since ‘06’s Innocent Man. Today, I’m proud to announce the return of the Mack (sorry, I couldn’t resist) to our pages with that joint’s official remix, featuring the lyrical stylings of a longtime Booth fave. Mark Sparks mans the boards on this version of the anthemic cut, expanding the original’s aural palette with 808s, swirling synths and a brand new chopped-n-screwed outro. Slaughterhouse lyricist Crooked I delivers a tenacious closing verse. Now that Mark Morrison’s back, are you craving more? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the currently-unscheduled arrival of his next full-length, also titled I Am What I Am.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
Mack Life Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Innocent Man ft. Mark Morrison" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.