Though 2010 saw Mark Morrison drop by the Booth with the dancehall-flavored Father Forgive Them, 2012’s non-featured IAmWhatIAm marked the English R&B vet’s first proper single since ‘06’s Innocent Man. Today, I’m proud to announce the return of the Mack (sorry, I couldn’t resist) to our pages with that joint’s official remix, featuring the lyrical stylings of a longtime Booth fave. Mark Sparks mans the boards on this version of the anthemic cut, expanding the original’s aural palette with 808s, swirling synths and a brand new chopped-n-screwed outro. Slaughterhouse lyricist Crooked I delivers a tenacious closing verse. Now that Mark Morrison’s back, are you craving more? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the currently-unscheduled arrival of his next full-length, also titled I Am What I Am.
Mack Life Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Innocent Man ft. Mark Morrison" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.